Saturday 1 October 2016



The recipes for the soaps (The first ones I made)


The weather is not nice, cold and rain. I pulled the weeds last weekend, so this one is about creating.

I thought it would be good to put the recipes for the soaps in the picture.

The big one was made with the melt and pour technic - easy, easy.

Goat milk base lavender/oats soap

Melted around 50g goat milk base soap, added 3 tbs oats, about 6 drops of lavender essential oil. 

I melted the goat milk base soap in the microwave. 15 seconds, stir, 15 seconds, stir, when all is basically melted, add the oats, keep stirring and then the lavender. Put the mix in your moulds.

Let sit. If there are any bubbles spray some rubbing alcohol (preference without sent). 

The second soap I found this recipe while searching the web. The site is  www.fromnaturewithlove.com.  They have a good recipe database.

The recipe was provided to the site by Ann of Pilot Mountain, NC.

Ingredients:(original recipe)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Water
2 Tablespoons Milk Powder
2 Tablespoons Honey, natural not powdered
Honey, Spice or Vanilla Fragrance Oil if desired
1/2 cup melted Melt and Pour base
Instructions:
Combine the olive oil, the water, milk powder and honey in a small bowl and mix really well. The consistency will be like home made mayonnaise. Add the Melt and Pour base ( I used Goat's Milk). Stir gently until all blended. I did not add any colorant or fragrances. I added some oats as well. It is a nice moisturiser and the smell is delicious.

My next step will be to try the cold process, which I am still reading all I can about it.

One thing I can assure is that soap making is very relaxing and has a world of possibilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment